Monday, September 15, 2008

Good intentions for the semester to come...how to learn from my mistakes and move on

- ***Planning

Take advantage of October to do all the planning for next semester. Brainstorm creative teaching ideas, such as cooperative work, cross-curricular activities, games and interactive review sessions well in advance.

- ***Checking

Organise paper-checking into Excel spreadsheets to facilitate formative assessment. Refine the marking system and communicate it to the kids in a constructive way.

- ***Time optimization

Make better use of my school time to benefit from my colleague’s advice, as opposed to getting fits at home while writing worksheets.

- ***Classroom management

…Be tougher on grade 8 students who have been walking all over me at some point. I don’t want to get nasty but I’ll have to adopt a harder line with them.


Now, let's get on with this exam preparation. Off we go :)

No comments: